Peaceful Paws Therapy is currently hiring!
If you love animals and believe in their clinical therapeutic attributes,
then our practice may be a great fit.
Behavioral Health Therapist
- Provide an array of outpatient behavioral health services to promote individualized patient recovery
- Conduct intakes, individual, group, and family therapy
- Develop service plans and conduct reviews as needed throughout the duration of treatment
- Provide mental health assessments, counseling, referrals, and intervention services
- Complete and maintain documentation in a timely and accurate manner and according to Federal, State and Center guidelines
- Follow up with psychiatrists and/or attending physicians in cases involving hospital admissions
- Collaborate with external psychiatric care providers as well as representatives from civic assistance programs to help schedule treatment sessions for those patients who need them
Qualifications for Mental Health Counselor:
- Able to make professional evaluations, decisions, and recommendation for treatment planning and implementation
- Current practitioner license through the state’s clinical therapy board (LPC, LMFT, LAC, or LCSW)
- 3 years of experience in counseling or mental health services
- Working knowledge of legal guidelines stipulating psychiatric admission requirements
- Able to work independently and as a positive member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable treating both routine and serious mental health illness
- Strong computer literacy skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Counseling license (Preferred)
Peaceful Paws Benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- $27.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
Think you'd be a great fit?
If you can see yourself as part of the team at Peaceful Paws, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your cover letter & resume to email@example.com.